The theme for the 2018 Woolston DBA Challenge is “Greece, Macedonian and the Punic Wars (430 BC to 146 BC)”. This theme covers the Peloponnesian Wars, the rise of Macedonia and the resultant various Macedonian Succesors states as well as the Punic Wars. It ends with the final defeat of Carthage in 146 BC.
- Rules: DBA 3.0
- Scale: 15mm
- Armies: Optional two list format, see below for details
- Date: Sunday 7th of January 2018
- Venue: Woolston Club, Christchurch
- Start Time: 10.00am
- Table Size: 600mm x 600mm
- Terrain: Players are to provide their own terrain.
There will be a total of five rounds during the day with play finishing around 5pm.
We will be using the new 0-8 scoring, but with a slight event addition. A player that uses two armies will receive a bonus point. Hopefully we will see additional variety! Refer to the Army Selection section below for details on using this second army.
No registration fee applies to this event. The event is open to members of the Christchurch Wargames Club and others by invitation. Please register by emailing the Keith McNelly the DBA organiser your interest and army selection with list names and dates prior to 3rd January to allow a list of armies to be circulated prior. Please advise if your a club member.
Players may select one or two armies from the following list. If two they must change from their first list to their second list after the players second game. The second list must have a list date that at least starts later than that previously used and it must have a different list code. The second list may be a different nationality.
Once elements are chosen no variation can be made between games. This rule allows players to transition through the 300 odd years of the theme. Normal ally selection applies.
Lists must be submitted prior to the event with the name, list code and specific year. Elements are chosen on the day prior to determining the invader. I suggest you write your selection down.
The list of main armies that can be used, excluding legal allies, are:
- I/6c Early Bedouin
- I/7d Early Libyan
- I/36abd Italian Hill Tribes
- I/43ab Kimmerian/Skythian
- I/47 Illyrian
- I/48 Thracian
- I/55cde Latin, Early Etruscan & Umbrian
- I/56ab Kyrenean Greek
- I/57b Etruscan League
- I/59 Tullian Roman
- I/60c Achaemenid Persian
- I/61ab Early Carthaginian
- I/62 Lykian
- I/63 Paionian
- II/1 Republican Indian
- II/2 Mountain Indian
- II/3a Classical Indian
- II/5abcdefghijkl Later Hoplite Greek
- II/6 Bithynian
- II/7 Later Achaemenid Persian
- II/8abc Campanian, Apulian, Lucanian or Bruttian
- II/9ab Syracusan
- II/10 Camillan Roman
- II/11 Gallic
- II/12 Alexandrian Macedonian
- II/13 Samnite
- II/14 Ariarathid Kappadokian
- II/15 Alexandrian Imperial
- II/16abcde Asiatic Early Successor
- II/17ab Lysimachid
- II/18abcdef Macedonian Early Successor
- II/19abcd Seleucid
- II/20abc Ptolemaic
- II/22af Arabo-Aramean
- II/23a Later Pre-Islamic Arab
- II/27ab Pyrrhic
- II/28b Early Armenian and Gordyene
- II/30ab Galatian
- II/31abcdefghij Hellenistic Greek
- II/32ab Later Carthaginian
- II/33 Polybian Roman
- II/34 Attalid Pergamene
- II/35 Later Macedonian
- II/36ab Graeco-Bractrian and Graeco-Indian
- II/37 Parthian
- II/39abc Ancient Spanish
- II/40 Numidian and Early Moorish
- II/43 Maccabean Jewish
- II/44 Commagene