The Christchurch DBA Open Championship for 2017 will be hosted by the Christchurch Wargames Club, Woolston Club, 43 Hargood Street Woolston using the Ancient Fast Play Ancient Rules De Bellis Antiquitatis.
The Championship is open to non Christchurch Wargames Club members.
Two tournaments make up the Christchurch DBA Open Championship. The dates for each tournament, along with the themes for each are as follows:
- Ancient Tournament: Sunday 28th May 2017 – Army list dating from 3000BC to 450AD.
- Medieval Tournament: Sunday 25th June 2017 – Army list date from 451AD-1520AD.
Note, while players are encouraged to attend both days the format allows for players who attend only one day.
The winner of each tournament receives the Phil Barker Cup, while the overall Championship winner receives the DBA Shield.
- Rules: DBA 3.0
- Scale: 15mm
- Table Size: 600mm x 600mm
- Terrain: Players are to provide their own terrain
- Time: Both tournaments comprise four rounds of one hour, with the first round starting each day at 10am.
One list for the Ancient period and one for the Medieval period. Each list limited to a specific year or sub-period with no change of elements during the day from that selected in the first round.
Please send your army selected, defined by list name, code and year if applicable, to the organiser one week prior to each tournament.
Some loan armies may be available. Please contact the organiser in advance.
To register please contact the organiser Brian Sowman.